Monday, July 25, 2011

Johan Van Der Keuken








Last week I finally spent some time in the Malmö Stadsbibliotek (city library). It's a huge bright library with lots of books on photography. I geeked out for a hour browsing the shelves and only made it through two aisles, but I walked out with four oversized books on photography. The one I just finished is on Johan Van Der Keuken, a Danish photographer/filmmaker. He was into photographing, among other things, natural impressions of urban scenes, the view through windows, and the women he loved. Here is one of his more famous of a couple dancing in the street in Paris (Ile Saint-Louise, le 14 juillet Hiver, 1957-1958).
Here are some pictures from the past week. I am resigned to using myself as a model these days cause it makes sense. After all I spend most of my time alone and I'm a willing target.


1 comment:

  1. I love (love!) the black and white. And also the doorknob. It's so crytally clear. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete