Monday, July 4, 2011

Flowers etc.




It's been a while since I posted last. Mostly cause I've been getting acquainted with my new home in Sweden. I finally had some time this morning to look through my pictures again.

I love nature and I am always searching out parks, forests, lakes, rivers, and beaches. However, I'm not mad about taking macro shots of flowers, though I have taken a few photos of plants over the years. I think it's because I rarely find images of flowers or plants captivating in 2D. They have so much beauty and vibrancy in real life, but unlike portraits, flowers do not have an emotive glare, a smirk, or funny facial expression that can be captured in a photo. Having said that, maybe a stronger macro lens would make me really love plant photography:) I know I have a lot to learn still in terms of taking macros and many of my photos of plants are not macro but this is definitely a work in progress, right?

Here are the few flowers/plants I have photographed lately. Mostly in the forests near Thunder Bay but also the fields of Southern Ontario and the dry brush of the Greek islands.

Oh, if you want to see more check out my Picasa site

No comments:

Post a Comment